As many of my friends and family will agree, I am constantly talking about this trilogy so wanted to pull together my top ten reasons why you should read the Hunger Games today…
1. It’s one of the best titles to come out of the plethora of young adult fiction that currently fill the shelves of our bookshops.
2. It’s coming out as a film in March and will be as big as Twilight. Fact.
3. It’s a harrowing look at what our fascination with reality TV could turn into. Think Big Brother meets Battle Royale. Interested yet?
4. It has some thing for everyone action, humour and a good old teen love triangle.
5. BUT it’s not a Twilight mushy love triangle either, no pining and not too many longing stares. Sorry Twi-hard fans..
6. Its easy to read in the ‘oh is it midnight already?’ kind of way.
7. All three books have already been published so you can get your greedy hands on all three right away. And trust me you will be reaching for book number 2 after the first one. Just ask my other half…
8. Katniss Everdeen kicks ass ok. I now want to learn to hunt… except without the killing animals bit. Ok maybe more Ray Mears survival than Bear Grills…
9. It’s very different to other books. Isn’t that a good thing? To read something out of your comfort zone that isn’t set in a modern day city?
10. I have recommended this trilogy to 3 people already and they all agree it’s AMAZING. Can’t say better than that.
Let me know what you think!